Monday, November 9, 2015

Chambray & Boots + Rules of Leggings










The weather here in Wilmington has been nothing short of interesting lately. Yesterday, I was boating with my man in a bathingsuit, and today I'm all bundled up. Crazy right? I guess I'm used to it though - I've been here for almost 5 years! This look is classic - if you don't own a chambray shirt, you need to go grab one pronto! I love this one because it's a pullover, so it's easy to throw on and run out the door. I grabbed this scarf from Marshall's the other day and absolutely love it. It's so thick and soft and the pink colorblock design really adds that perfect pop of color to the outfit. I decided to pair this top and scarf with a pair of black leggings. I know there are some {haters} out there that believe that leggings aren't pants and I have one thing to say to them: you're wrong. But I do believe that there two rules when it comes to wearing leggings as pants:

Rule #1: Whatever you're wearing on top must cover your butt. Because if your butt is covered, your front is also covered. And ladies, no one wants to see what you've got going on down there in the front. Seriously. No one. 

Rule #2: Your leggings must not be see through. Please, I'm begging you, don't wear see through leggings. It's tacky and I will judge you. Sorry about it.

You can purchase really great leggings from J.Crew and Victoria's Secret! I decided to pair this outfit with my Frye boots. These boots are my absolute favorite pair of shoes. I know I've talked about them before on the blog, but I mean it when I say that they are definitely worth the price.

Stay classy, friends!


No comments :

Post a Comment