Monday, October 31, 2016

Fall Outerwear Essentials + An Announcement


First of all, Happy Halloween! I hope you're all enjoying your day full of costuming and fun frights! The only thing truly frightening that I've had to endure today is coming back to work after a week of vacationing in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina. The amount of emails I had this morning was just plain scary.

Secondly, in case you all didn't know, it's fall y'all! Which means that it's my absolute favorite time of the year. I love all of the versatility that comes with a fall outfit. It doesn't get very cold in Wilmington until late December. For instance, it's 75 degrees today - so of course I didn't opt for my boots and sweater today! I will tell you though that I love a good jacket. I'm a cold natured person. The thermostat in my office could say 76 degrees and I'd still be sitting there shivering. But when I get off of work, I don't want to have to go to dinner in boots and a sweater just because I was cold in my office. Enter the light jacket. Literally the saving grace of cold-natured people like me living on the coast. Jackets and vests are also great for colder weather too, of course. It's all about the layering, people! I thought I would share a few of my fall outerwear favorites and pray that it will get cold enough in Wilmington to actually wear some of these outside of the office soon!




1. Cupcakes and Cashmere - 'Alexander' Drape Front Jacket - I am a huge fan of drape front jackets. They're like cardigans but designed to keep you much warmer. This jacket it so darling. I love that it has a cinch waist - I find that when things have that fit and flare look, I love them so much more.

2. Tuckernuck - Camel Woven Cape Jacket - Y'all - this is the year of the cape. I'm calling it right now. I need one of these beauties in my life ASAP. I'm a big poncho fan and this cape is just a more structured poncho in my eyes. This would look great paired with a pair of jeans and loafer flats. It just screams Northern Prep to me. Love it!

3. Cupcakes and Cashmere - 'Mackenzie' Faux Suede Drape Front - Okay, so I might have splurged on myself this weekend and bought this jacket in brown. And I might be wearing it right now as I type this sentence for you all to read. It is so soft. Like SO soft. And a great closet staple if I do say so myself. I love the black option too - if I would have seen it in the store, I might have had to buy both!

4. Ralph Lauren - Faux Leather Trim Quilted Jacket - I love the preppiness of a quilted jacket. I purchased a navy one from the Crown & Ivy line with Belk last year and probably wore it a bit too much. I love the look of this Ralph Lauren one - the pockets are great and the faux leather lining really pulls it all together. 

5. Free People - 'Not Your Brother's' Utility Jacket - Who knew this utility jacket trend would still be going strong? Personally, I'm a huge fan of the utility jacket. You can find them just about anywhere now. I love that they are so light and they style great with so many different things. I personally love to wear mine with a striped long-sleeve t shirt and some cute booties! You can't really go wrong with one of these.

6. Patagonia - Los Gatos Fleece Vest - I've always been a sucker for a good vest. I ran across this vest last week and knew that I wanted to have it for my trip to the mountains. Of course, when I got to the mountains, it was too warm to wear the vest. But hey, it'll get colder in Wilmington eventually and I'll be able to bring this beauty out of my closet. Saying that this vest is soft would be an understatement. It's like wearing butter in a totally not weird way.


I am going to try to post up here more often, but I have been working on a different project lately that I am very excited to debut. Of course, it will be a while (probably the beginning of 2017) and I'd hate to spoil it but let's just say that Grace + Twine will be getting somewhat of a makeover. I love blogging and I know that I have gone back and forth on whether or not to keep at this thing or just let it go and focus on my big girl job, but let's be honest, my big girl job is not as fun as this and I'm hoping that one day I can turn my blog into my big girl job! And that definitely won't happen if I just keep giving it up for months on end. I've also had so much feedback from friends and family letting me know that they loved my blog, especially during the holidays because it helped them get some gift ideas for their friends and family. So while I'm working on this other project, I have decided to keep at Grace + Twine!

I am so thankful for those of you who do read this little ol' blog of mine. I truly, truly appreciate it.

Happy Shopping, friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment