Friday, October 2, 2015

A Great InVESTment

One of my absolute favorite things about colder weather has to be vests. Hands down. I absolutely love vests. There's so many different styles and so many ways that you can wear them. They're especially great for fall, when the weather isn't extremely cold and you don't want to wear a heavy coat, but you don't want to wear a jacket and not be able to show off your shirt underneath. I'm showcasing five different types of vests that I highly recommend you have in your closet this season!



The Herringbone Vest




This vest is the must-have vest of the century. It was so popular in 2013, that J. Crew brought it back for 2014 - and of course it sold quick. And guess what?! They brought it back for 2015 too! Grab one while you can because they'll be gone before you know it. I also love a good black and merlot color combo, as you'll see if you scroll down a bit!



The Striped Vest



Striped Vest (Similar)

If you've read any of my other posts, you know that I love stripes. Stripes. Are. Everything. And this black and white striped vest is everything too. Puffer vests are so warm and come in so many different colors, but why blend in with a simple color when you can totally stand out with stripes? Kidding - I'll just take one of these in every single color, please!



The Fur Vest



Fur Vest (Similar)

Walk into any boutique right now and I guarantee you will find a fur vest. They're all the rage and I'm totally loving the trend. Believe me when I say that this vest will keep you warm! And they pair so well with chiffon shirts. It's not exactly easy to style a vest with a chiffon shirt and get away with it - but fur vests pass the test!



The Reversible Wool Vest




Y'all. This vest is my absolute favorite. I walked into Madewell, tried it on, and didn't want to take it off. My grandma had to basically pry it off of me so that she could purchase it for me for Christmas. It was definitely a bit pricey, but well worth every penny. This vest is absolutely timeless. And it's reversible, with is pretty freakin' awesome!



The Fleece Vest




This one is a given. Everyone needs a simple fleece vest in their closet. My favorite thing about this vest is that it's so easy to throw on over my favorite long sleeve t-shirts. But it also looks great with a plaid button down for a more sophisticated look. This is the vest that you want to carry with you to the mountains and wear around the house. It's very practical.


What's your favorite style of vest?

Stay classy, friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment