Monday, December 22, 2014

Oh, Fudge!

Merry (almost) Christmas, friends! Today I made the most delicious fudge and thought I'd share it all with you as my very first post on my new and improved blog! Now if you know me personally, you know that I try to bake, and I always THINK it's going to turn out better than it really does. Like the one time I tried making pumpkin spice cookies and I literally had to just add water to the mixture and pop it in the oven and I somehow still messed it up... my boyfriend told me they were still good (although he kind of has to say that). Anyways, this fudge was super easy to make and it was "Morgan proof," so it should be no problem for all of your super-star bakers out there!

Okay, so the ingredients are as follows:

Andes Chocolate Mint Fudge
  • 1 bag of Andes Peppermint Chunks
  • 16 oz of dark chocolate chips
  • 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (or imitation vanilla)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract
  • 1 teaspoon of salt

Directions:
  • Grease an 8x8 baking dish with butter (so that you can pull the fudge out after it hardens).
  • Cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of the Andes mint chunks
  • Fill a medium sized pot with a few inches of water and place a glass bowl on top of the pot (make sure that the water does not touch the bowl - the steam will warm up the bowl)
  • Pour the condensed milk and butter in the bowl - stir until butter is melted
  • Add the chocolate chips and salt into the bowl and stir until it is all melted 
  • Add the vanilla and mint extracts and stir until mixed then immediately pour into the baking dish
  • Spread the mixture evenly and sprinkle the remaining Andes mint chunks
  • Refrigerate the fudge for about 3 hours and then cut into 1 inch squares


Ta-Da! I told you it was simple (: Enjoy your holidays and look for more posts soon to come!



2 comments :

  1. Seriously was that easy? Why have I not made fudge before?! I do love Andes mints, so this may have to be the first flavor I make. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot better than I expected it to be! I'm not a huge dark chocolate fan but this fudge is delicious!

      Delete