Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Recap + 2016 Resolutions

Oh what a year it has been! I'd have to say that 2015 was definitely one for the books. I graduated from college and received a real slap in the face from reality when I stepped out into the real world. 


This year has had some major ups and downs, but all in all, I'd have to say that it has been great. I was able to focus on my blog a lot more after graduating from college, but it's still been a struggle juggling a full time job and blogging every chance that I can get. I've tried not to let this blog consume my life, but there were times when all I wanted to do was blog and I just didn't have the time. So of course, I have some resolutions that I want to work on in 2016, but we will get to that a bit later! Lets recap on a few of my favorite memories of 2015:

Many of you may be surprised to know that I really like to fish. My boyfriend has a great love for fishing (sometimes I think he loves it more than me), so we've been on many different outings this year to catch some fish. From the ocean to mountainside rivers, we've definitely had some fun!

I was also blessed to spend some time with some good friends this year, as well as make some new friends! I was able to spend my last Spring Break island hopping with some old and new friends, attend my very last Alpha Phi formal, celebrated many birthdays, and even attend the wedding of a lifelong friend!

All in all, I'd definitely have to say that 2015 was fantastic. I would not go back and change a single thing. I was able to learn and grow, but also have fun doing it! Now let's talk about 2016 and what I would love for this year to come.


1. Don't sweat the small stuff. This is a hard one. I had this same resolution last year. I suffer from anxiety, so the small stuff is always on my mind. But this year I really want to learn to control my anxiety. I've started meditating more and find that it really does help me to not focus on the little things.

2. Be more spontaneous. I have a problem with just wanting to sleep after I get off of work. I feel like my life is just a vicious cycle of sleep, work, sleep, with an occasional blog post thrown in somewhere. I want to start doing more this year and be more spontaneous!

3. Focus more on what makes me happy. It really doesn't take much to make me happy, so this shouldn't be a hard resolution to keep. I think more cuddles (if that's even possible), spa days, and beach walks are in my 2016 future. 

4. Travel somewhere completely new. Traveling makes my heart happy - I'm hoping to make this resolution come true! Maybe a working girl's Spring Break trip is in order?

5. Open an online shop. I received a sewing machine for Christmas and although I have no earthly idea how to use it, I'm determined to learn and create a few things to sell online! I think that it will be so fun!

6. Become truly comfortable in my own skin. I am not going to go into specifics about myself, but like many other women that I know, I an so self conscious about my body. This year, I am going to be more confident and comfortable about who I am and how I look. Because let's be real y'all, we're all beautiful people!

7. Eat more wholesome meals and drink more water. This doesn't mean that I'm giving up mexican food because in all seriousness, that would never happen. But I am going to try to eat more well-rounded meals and continue to drink more water and less soda,

8. Run at least three 5K's. I ran my very first 5K in 2015 and it was awful. But I know it was only awful because I did no training and just kind of went for it. This year, I would love to train and run at least three (if not more than three)!

9. Do something totally out of my comfort zone. Blogging has really pushed me to step out of my comfort zone and be myself. I'd love to do something totally crazy and out of my comfort zone - this could be going to a yoga class (I have the worst balance in the world), walking in a charity fashion show, etc. I'm excited to see what 2016 will bring for this resolution!

10. Be a more spiritual person. I wouldn't say that I'm not a spiritual person at all. I talk to God almost every day and thank him for all of the wonderful blessings that he has placed into my life. I would love to find a good church and make Sundays something special again.

I hope you are all as excited about this new year as I am! I can't wait to see what this year holds for all aspects of my life. I know that blogging will be full force for me in 2016 and I'm ecstatic to learn and grow with this passion of mine.

Cheers to another great year! xx





No comments :

Post a Comment