Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

I can't believe that today is the first day of Fall... mostly because it's still so hot here in Wilmington! But that's what you get when you live on the East Coast. To commemorate this wonderful day, I wanted to recap my Summer for you all.

This Summer has definitely been one to remember. I graduated, accepted a job right after graduation, moved into a new house, and got a huge slap of reality when I could no longer spend my weekdays laying on the beach. I definitely had my fair share of mental breakdowns and might still have a few every once in a while, but I'm learning how to do big girl things like budget my money, pay bills, work 8-5, and y'all... I even bought myself a car!


I have many memories from this Summer, but a few really stuck out to me. I spent most days with my handsome boyfriend, Turner, because sadly, most of my friends moved away after graduation. But he's a fun guy, so I didn't mind it! We spent many days on his boat, saw his favorite band in concert, I taught him how to beat me at a few games of tennis, and he taught me how to reel in the big fish. I'm so thankful that he's here and that he actually likes to hang out with me ;) I also loved spending a few days with my family at Topsail Beach during our annual beach trip. I don't know how I was so lucky to be blessed with such a fun family! My twin sister got engaged right before graduation, so I was able to help her find the perfect wedding dress. She gets married in March and I literally cannot wait to showcase the wedding on my blog! She also moved to Raleigh, so it's definitely taken some time getting used to not living with her. I mean we lived together for 22 years! I may or may not call her every single day. But at least she gets to see my younger sister, Katie, all the time now that she's back in school at UNC. And when I go to Raleigh to visit, it's always a fun time having all 3 of us back together.








As the Summer leaves and the Fall season begins, I can't help but be excited for the many memories that will be made. Turner and I will be celebrating our two year anniversary in the mountains, relaxing, hiking, and maybe even trying my hand at fly fishing. Of course, I'm also excited for Fall fashion, pumpkin patches, Halloween, and continuing to purchase Pumpkin Spice everything. Let's be real, y'all... Fall is the best season. Here's to hoping it comes with some of the best memories.

Stay classy, friends!



No comments :

Post a Comment